It’s that time of the year again – everyone is talking about PSL.
Jup, that Pumpkin Spice Latte – ting also got me a few years ago. Now that I don’t have a Starbucks around the corner anymore & love to enjoy healthier drinks, I thought it was about time to make a homemade healthier version of the famous PSL.
I decided to make the Ultimate Healthy Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte.
It tastes — dare I say it?So much better than the original from Starbucks with a 1/3 of calories.
SKINNY PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
- 250 ml low fat normal milk or soy or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- tiny pinch ground nutmeg
- tiny pinch ground ginger
- 1 espresso
- 1 tbsp pumpkin purée
- a few drops of any calorie free sweetener
- Cut 1/4 of a Hokkaido pumpkin into small pieces & mash it with your kitchen machine. Add a little bit of water to get a smooth mixture
- Add 1/2 of the milk and pumpkin to a small pot. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a whisk, until the mixture begins to simmer. Add in the sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Whisk the mixture until it becomes frothy.
- Add the other half of your milk into your milk frother and let it work its magic.
- Add the coffee to a large mug, and pour the milk mixture over it. Put the milk froth on top & sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon over it . Ready to enjoy!
I used my new little magic kitchen helper for the recipe –
the milk frother DISTINTA from De’Longhi.
With this little kitchen helper it’s super easy to bring the coffee house to your home. I’m also totally in love with its design – sleek with convenient and easy-to-use features. The Distinta is perfect for both hot and cold frothing and makes the most heavenly milk froth you can imagine. You can truly cut the milk froth with a knife. Doesn’t this sound great?
Get a De’Longhi Distinta milk frother and start making your beloved coffee shop beverages at home! ;)
*** in friendly collaboration with De’Longhi