As you guys know, I love dessert. Unfortunately, most desserts are full of sugar, saturated fats, and refined carbohydrates and will ruin your attempts at getting lean and staying fit and healthy. So to satisfy my sweet tooth I’ve found ways to make my favorite desserts more nutritious to help me stay on track with my fitness goals.
Like most people, I love dessert. Unfortunately, most desserts are full of sugar, saturated fats, and refined carbohydrates and will ruin your attempts at getting lean and staying healthy. So to satisfy my sweet tooth I’ve found ways to make my favorite desserts more nutritious to help me stay on track with my fitness goals.
Like in all my other desserts, I substituted the empty calories for healthier ingredients without sacrificing the taste.
Together with P.Jentschura I’ve created a gluten free Cheesecake recipe for you.
CHEESECAKE WITH MORGENSTUND’ CRUST
For the crust
- 140g Jentschura MorgenStund‘
- 5 tbsp of honey or agave syrup
For the cheesecake filling
- 3 x 300g low fat Philadelphia cheese, or low fat cream curd
- 3 glutenfree, rice flour or any gluten free flour mix, tbsp plain flour
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon (about 2 tsp)
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 yolk
- 284ml low fat soured cream
- stevia or any other calorie free sweetener you prefer (such as Sukrin or any other)
For the soured cream topping
- 250ml carton low fat soured cream
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Position an oven shelf in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to fan 160C. Line the base of a 20cm springform cake tin with parchment paper. For the crust, mix the Morgenstund porridge (uncooked) with honey or agave sirup. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack while preparing the filling.
- For the filling, increase the oven temperature to fan 200C. In a table top mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the soft fat reduced cheese or curd at medium-low speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low, then the flour and a pinch of salt, scraping down the sides of the bowl and the paddle twice.
- Swap the paddle attachment for the whisk. Continue by adding the vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Whisk in the eggs and yolk, one at a time, scraping the bowl and whisk at least twice. Stir the 284ml carton of fat reduced soured cream until smooth. Continue on low speed as you add the fat reduced soured cream (reserve Whisk to blend, but don’t over-beat. The batter should be smooth, light and somewhat airy add the sweetener and taste if it’s sweet enough.
- Brush the sides of the springform tin with melted butter and put on a baking sheet. Pour in the filling – if there are any lumps, sink them using a knife – the top should be as smooth as possible. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to fan 90C and bake for 25 minutes more. If you gently shake the tin, the filling should have a slight wobble. Turn off the oven and open the oven door for a cheesecake that’s creamy in the centre, or leave it closed if you prefer a drier texture. Let cool in the oven for 2 hours. The cheesecake may get a slight crack on top as it cools.
- Combine the fat reduced soured cream, the sugar and lemon juice for the topping. Spread over the cheesecake right to the edges. Cover loosely with foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Run a round-bladed knife around the sides of the tin to loosen any stuck edges. Unlock the side, slide the cheesecake off the bottom of the tin onto a plate, then slide the parchment paper out from underneath.
ENJOY WITH A STRAWBERRY SLUSHY!
500g frozen strawberries
250 ml cold water
juice of one lemon
lemon to decorate
stevia or an other sweetener you like
Put the frozen strawberries together with the water, sweetener and lemon juice into a liquidizer and purée until smooth.
Fill the slushy into a marmalade jars or a small ball mason jars, decorate the jars with lemon slices & paper straws.
ENJOY ICE COLD TOGETHER WITH THE CHEESECAKE!
*** in friendly collaboration with P.Jentschura