Today I’d like to show you the latest addition to my new constant training companions, the new Garmin fenix 3. I’ve always wanted a premium outdoor GPS multi-sport watch, which doesn’t really look like a typical sport watch. GARMIN has come up with this fantastic new watch that combines all the advantages of a multi-sport watch with the stylishness of a sporty, yet elegant everyday watch.
The fenix 3 comes in 3 slightly different variants of style, Sapphire which has a genuine crystal face and a strong link stainless steal wrist band, Sliver which has a red strap and silver face, and the Grey which is much darker in color and design. I opted for the grey one, as it goes perfekt with everything and I absolutely love the dark grey matt finish.The GARMIN vice president of worldwide sales has put it straight…..
“Premium materials, a rugged aesthetic and smartwatch capabilities make fenix 3 the perfect watch for someone who lives a rigorous lifestyle. Designed to handle even the most rugged conditions, fenix 3 provides a comprehensive multisport feature set that can be fully customized to the user, making it easy to transition into everyday activities.”
The fenix 3 should appeal to triathletes, mountaineers, trail runners and alike, anyone looking for a watch to track their activities, help them train or navigate tough terrain.
Here are the Garmin fenix 3 Key Features:
- Fitness training features including: VO2 max, Running Dynamics, Recovery Advisor and more
- Trail/Running functions: Auto-climb/ run detector and vertical speed
- Battery performance – Rechargeable; up-to 20 hrs GPS mode, up-to 50 hrs UltraTrac GPS mode, and 6 weeks in watch mode
- Water rated to 100 meters (10 ATM)
- Swimming Functions: distance, pace, stroke count/rate, SWOLF score (pool/open water), log drills
- Cycling Functions: full Vector support, gradient data, bike profile, compatible with optional sensors for speed, cadence and heart rate
- Smart features like Smart Notification and Connect IQ App support for further customization
- Connected features; uploads to Garmin Connect for live tracking and sharing
- Use as activity tracker (Step counting, calories, distance throughout the day, stay active with move bar, track sleep)
- Stainless Steel EXO antenna with GPS + GLONASS Support for fast fix and accuracy
- Sunlight readable color Chroma display
- Altimeter, barometer and 3-axis compass with auto calibration
- Classic Garmin outdoor features like Waypoint/Route/Track navigation including TracBack
I’ve never been so impressed by a technical gadget before. Well, my iPhone and MacBook impressed me a few times with new features, but it’s simply incredible to see how such a small tech gadget can combine navigation, multi-sport features, activity tracking and so much more….. Have you guys ever received an email, sms, or notifications from your social media accounts on your watch?
Smart Notifications lets you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you’re out for a run. fenix 3 receives the wireless signal from a compatible iPhone or Android smartphone and let’s you know you have a message, displaying the text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it. That is definitely a great option for people like me, who work with social media and the internet and want to stay updated during their long runs outside.
Another great function, which I think is absolutely great too, is that fenix 3 will vibrate on the hour to remind you to get up and move around. Isn’t it great to have someone to remind you to move your body and do something for your health and burn some extra calories. You can also super easily customize your watch with a wide range of apps from the GARMIN Connect IQ store. You can customize your watch face, add data fields and get apps and widgets that provide information at a glance. The weather widget is my favorite as you are always updated about the latest weather forecast and will never step out totally mislead by a glorious blue sky with lighter running gear and end up freezing like crazy during your run. These days are banned with this amazing function. The fenix 3 is the best outdoor GPS watch I’ve ever used. It has stunning good looks and all the features you’ll ever need for tracking sport and outdoor activities.
I just started into my last training week before the Vienna City Marathon next Sunday. This week is actually all about tapering and cutting back the kilometers. In the next few days you’ll find a post about my training essentials and one about my marathon race essentials here in the sport section.
TOTAL OUTFIT BY ZOOT SPORTS
SUNNIES – ITALIA INDEPENDANT
*** in friendly collaboration with GARMIN AUSTRIA