I tried this recipe a few days ago, well it actually is my own creation. A normal boccoli soup just seemed quite stale to me, so I decided to give my soup this extra something by adding pineapple.
Hope you like it !
* 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
* 1 large broccoli
* 2 vegetable or chicken stock cubes
* 1/2l water
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp sugar
*2 1.5 cm slices pineaplle
* salt and pepper
* Cremfine or fat-reduced crème fraîche
To make your soup:
1. Peel and roughly chop the onion. Put a large pan on a medium heat and 2 table spoons of olive oil. Add all the chopped onions and lightly sautée it, when the onion is golden brown caramelize it by adding a teaspoon of sugar.
2. Add your chopped broccoli and bring to boil.
3. Add the vegetable or chicken stock cubes and a 1/2 liter of water and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and cook for around 5 minutes.
4. Add your chopped pineapple and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Season it with salt and pepper. Using a liquidizer pulse the soup until smooth.
To serve your soup:
. Before serving add a teaspoon of the cremefine or low-fat crème fraîche to your serving bowls and add the soup. You can make a lovely pattern with the crème fraîche like I did, by drawing a pattern with a toothpick.
Bon appétit !
SOME HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROCCOLI
Broccoli contains a high amount of potassium, which helps maintain a healthy nervous system and optimal brain function, as well as promotes regular muscle growth.
Along with a high amount of potassium, Broccoli also contains magnesium and calcium that help regulate blood pressure.
One cup of broccoli contains the RDA of vitamin C, an antioxidant necessary for fighting against free radicals. Moreover, vitamin C is an effective antihistamine for easing the discomfort of the common cold.
Broccoli contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis.
Broccoli is helpful in repairing skin damage thanks to the glucoraphanin it contains which helps the skin to detoxify and repair itself.
One cup of broccoli bolsters the immune system with a large dose of beta-carotene. Trace minerals, such as zinc and selenium, further act to strengthen immune defense actions.
Broccoli contains glucoraphanin, which with the body processes into the anti-cancer compound sulforaphane.