It’s really easy to make your own homemade tomato soup and I bet you didn’t know it won’t take you more than 45 minutes. There’s a trick behind the perfect tomato soup….At the end of the day they might sell off tomatoes cheap down at you local market, these tomatoes are just perfect and will make great soup. If you can’t get these, buy them a few days before you need them and put them on the windowsill to get ripe.
* 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
* 500g super-ripe tomatoes
* 500g tinned chopped tomatoes
* 2 vegetable or chicken stock cubes
* 1/2l water
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp sugar
* a handful of fresh basil
* salt and pepper
* 3 tbsp tomato paste
* Cremfine or fat-reduced crème fraîche
To make your soup:
1. Peel and roughly chop the onion. Put a large pan on a medium heat and 2 table spoons of olive oil. Add all the chopped onions and lightly sautée it, when the onion is golden brown caramelize it by adding a teaspoon of sugar.
2. Drop your tomatoes into boiling waters for 30 seconds, then remove the skins and roughly chop them. Add your tinned and fresh tomatoes to the onion and let them simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable or chicken stock cubes and a 1/2 liter of water and bring to boil. Reduce the heat Cook for around 15 minutes.
4. Season it with salt and pepper and add the basil leaves and the tomato paste. Using a liquidizer pulse the soup until smooth.
To serve your soup:
5. Before serving add a teaspoon of the cremefine or low-fat crème fraîche to your serving bowls and add the soup. You can make a lovely pattern with the crème fraîche like I did, by drawing a pattern with a toothpick.
love this recipe! :)
tomato soup is delicious, gonna try this!
love tomato soup :) mhhhh;) have a great weekend! xxx Q.F